- Read this first
- Learning to listen to your intuition
- Recognising your inner critic
- Taking back control from your inner critic
- Creating space in your life for art
- Gathering the supplies that you will need
- Printable supplies PDF
- Making art on a budget
- Basic colour theory
- Colour theory (make your own colour wheel)
- Colour theory PDF
- Read this first
- Starting To Paint (1st video)
- Starting to Paint (2nd video)
- Step-by-step prompts to start your artwork
- Prompts PDF
- Looking (video 1)
- Looking (video 2)
- Looking prompts PDF
- How to discover your personal symbols
- How to use your symbols in your art
- How to draw a stylised face
- Proportions of a face PDF
- How to approach this section
- Completing Your Painting (video 1)
- Completing Your Painting (video 2)
- Prompts to complete your painting PDF
- Taking notes
- Naming & signing your paintings
When and where can I take this workshop?
This is a self-paced, online workshop that you can start at any time. Once you have bought it, you will have lifetime access to it, including any revisions and additions.
How much does it cost?
The workshop costs US$39
What supplies will I need?
You do not need to spend a lot of money on art supplies to take this workshop. You can start with just five different colours of acrylic paint, a soft black pencil and a surface to paint on. Acrylic paint comes in different sizes and quality, and the prices range depending on what you buy. You can start with cheaper craft acrylic, and move on to more expensive and higher quality paint when you feel ready to. You don’t have to buy canvas either, I offer lots of suggestions for keeping down the costs of art supplies in the workshop.
Can I take this workshop even if I've never painted before?
Yes you can! This workshop is for anyone who wants to explore their creativity in a more allowing way. The process is non-judgemental, forgiving and will help you gain confidence. No previous experience is required.
Can I take this workshop if I'm already an artist?
Yes you can! This workshop will help you loosen up and give you new ways of looking at your creative process.
How do I know if this workshop is for me?
This workshop is for you if…
You would like to learn how to listen to your intuition, get into the creative flow and express yourself with art.
You lack confidence in your artistic ability but have always wanted to learn to make art.
You already make art but feel too “tight” in your process and would like to loosen up.
You would like to get to know yourself better through art and express your inner world.
!!This workshop is NOT for you if you would like to learn traditional art techniques, or learn to paint realistic landscapes, still lives or portraits!!
I've already been to one of your studio workshops. How is this online workshop different?
While I will be guiding you through the same process that I teach in my studio workshops, there are some differences worth noting:
- You can take the workshop at your own pace and in your own space.
- I have packed more information into this workshop than I can fit into a 2-day studio workshop.
- You have lifetime access to the online workshop, including any revisions or additions.
- You can share your experience in the online community (a secret Facebook group) and make new like-minded friends from around the world who are also on this creative journey.
Will I be able to connect with other people who are taking the online workshop?
Yes. There is a private Facebook group exclusively for students of this workshop where you can share your art, experiences, and ask questions.
Will I be able to ask you questions directly ?
Yes, I will participate in the discussion in our private Facebook group and will answer questions there at least twice a week.